Ways That We Collect Information About You
- We may collect data about you that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How Information About You is Used
While we may use your information for any lawful purpose in any way that we deem necessary or appropriate, examples of how we use the information we collect include (but are not limited to):
- For any business purpose (e.g., customer support, internal operations, marketing or advertising)
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services or to otherwise serve you
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law
- legal compliance (e.g., assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries)
How Information About You is Shared
- Your information may be shared with Gemstone affiliates.
- We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, payment processors, data enhancement services, or fraud prevention providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
- We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our guests or others. In such instances, we may also retain a copy of your information to use for any lawful purpose.
- We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information about you with third parties not otherwise affiliated with Gemstone.
- We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
- If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails, telephone calls, text messages, social media promotions, or postal mail from us, email us at Web@gemstonepay.com to opt out. You may still receive select emails from us if you have requested them through one of our services. You can discontinue these e-mails by canceling your subscription to these services.
- If you do not wish us to share the personal information we have collected about you with other unaffiliated companies (for their marketing purposes), email this request to Web@gemstonepay.com with your first and last name and complete mailing address.
- If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to Gemstone Payments, Attn: California Shine the Light Inquiry, 8181 NW 154th Street, Suite 250, Miami Lakes, FL 33016. Please allow 30 days for a response.
- If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please email Web@gemstonepay.com.
Protection of Information Collected by Gemstone About You
- We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
- If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
- We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian email Web@gemstonepay.com or contact us in one of the methods provided below.
If you have any questions please contact us by one of the following methods:Mail:Gemstone Payments, LLC
Attention: Customer Service
8181 NW 154th Street, Suite 250
Miami Lakes, FL 33016Phone: 404.500.6961E-mail: Web@gemstonepay.com